Tim formed Warr & Co Chartered Accountants in 1994 and is currently our senior partner. He specialises in freelance contractors, consultants and owner managed businesses. He is also responsible for complex tax investigations and acts as expert witness on various matters. Tim’s day to day role includes advising clients on business and tax planning maters and meeting with clients in both our London and Stockport offices.
Meet the Team
Co-founder of Warr & Co
- Tim qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 1979.
- In 1983 Tim jointly formed “Uppal and Warr”, a successful firm of Chartered Accountants.
- His interests include theatre, reading and takes a keen interest in politics and macro economic policy.
“So much more than a mere Chartered Accountant! A modest, likeable and considerate professional of proven ability who I’d recommend to anyone seeking sound advice at reasonable cost with a true value added service. Shrewd and practical business advice given in addition to an intelligent interpretation of any set of accounts or tax issue. I’d go nowhere else after 24 years of top quality service and friendship.”
Gareth R Edwards – Consultant Forensic Solicitor
Co-founder of Warr & Co
Suresh was a founding partner of Warr & Co back in 1994. Having taken time off to work in industry, Suresh returned in 2010. He specialises in freelance contractors and owner managed businesses having a particular emphasis on business valuations, acquisitions and disposals, forecasting and cashflow management. Suresh takes responsibility for the independent pharmacy accounts team and the marketing and development of the practice.
- Suresh qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 1986.
- He gained his experience with Ernst & Young, then he enjoyed both Financial Controller and Financial Director roles within industry.
- His interests include travelling, football and investing.
Partner since 2008
Pete joined Warr & Co in 2007 and became a partner soon after. He specialises in owner managed businesses and heads up our flat management team and pharmacy locum department. Pete’s day to day role includes advising clients on all aspects of tax planning matters, marketing and meeting with clients in both our London and Stockport offices.
- Pete started his accountancy career back in 1993, obtaining a solid grounding in accountancy at a South Manchester practice.
- He qualified in 2004 with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and more recently has also become a member of ICAEW (ACA).
- His interests include badminton, cycling, skiing and running.
Partner since 1997
David joined Warr & Co as a partner in 1997. He heads up our Solicitors accounts team providing specialist advice and SAR (Solicitors Accounts Rules) reporting for our solicitor clients. David’s wealth of experience provides a solid base for advising a wide ranging client base on various tax and business planning matters.
- David qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1976 and became a fellow of the Institute in 1981 (FCA).
- David previously worked for a number of northwest accountancy firms acting for a broad range of clients.
- His interests include football, gardening and weather permitting, golf.
Partner since 2001
Stephen joined Warr & Co in 2001 and shortly after became a partner. Stephen takes on the responsibility of the audit compliance partner for the firm. Stephen’s day to day role includes undertaking accounts and audit work for a broad range of clients including small to medium sized businesses.
- Stephen qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 1979.
- Stephen previously worked for various London based accountancy firms before returning to the Northwest.
- His interests include travelling, walking and gardening.